We recognise the importance of partnership and of ensuring that user insight and lived experience are embedded in our design and development processes. The Solutions Collective is an initiative to support the growth of the social lending market in the UK.
Join the conversation on social lending
We are hosting a series of virtual roundtables to help guide the overall approach to social lending across policy, investment, and enterprise. Our aim is to open the floor to a range of topics, including but not limited to the following discussions:
- Guarantees - how can we use government backed guarantees to support more social lending?
- Catalytic capital - what the research shows and where can it be best put to use?
- Flexible finance and revenue participation – how does this work in practice?
Through these conversations we hope to build a better understanding of the gaps, priorities and wider ecosystem that supports social lending. By listening and learning, we hope to help deliver a range of solutions to help improve the existing market offering.
Our first session ‘Guarantees – how can we use government-backed guarantees to support more social lending?’ took place on Thursday 24 February. Speakers and discussion points included:
- ‘Government guarantees – how they work and what we are trying to achieve’ - James Burrows, Big Society Capital
- ‘Guarantees in action – what does this mean in practice to an investor and the investee?’ - Rob Benfield, Social Investment Business.
Attendees had the opportunity to ask questions, as well as to share how guarantees are relevant to their organisation and to explore how they might be used in the future. Take a look at insights from the event here.
For more information, please email email@example.com
Keep us informed
We would like you, our partners, to shape future sessions by sharing the topics you think are most relevant to developing the Social Lending market.
We actively encourage participation from interested parties, diverse leaders, those with lived experience or those who can add context by sharing the experience of their constituent members.
Please fill out this short form to tell us what is relevant to you, and we will be in touch.
How social investment impacts an organisation: Improving their financial resilience and growing their social impact
What role have CDFIs played during the pandemic? Impact evidence from the Community Investment Enterprise Facility