Location: London, EC4A
Contract: Temporary; full-time (open to flexibility)
Accountable to: Senior Communications Director
Start date: ASAP
This is an exciting time to join Big Society Capital, the UK’s leading social impact investment organisation, as we build our new brand and develop our communications strategy. As a member of the Communications team, you will lead on developing compelling content across our channels to engage our external audiences.
This role is an excellent opportunity for someone with specialist skills in writing and communications who wishes to use these to support Big Society Capital to achieve its mission to improve lives in the UK.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
As a member of the Communications team, you will lead on our relationships with national, trade and financial sector journalists (written, broadcast and online), and develop high quality case studies that demonstrate our social impact. You will shape effective communications plans to raise the profile of our work with key stakeholders, using traditional media and social media channels.
Statement of Responsibility:
- Manage the press office including the preparation and distribution of press releases, maintenance and extension of media contacts and relationships, media briefings, press conferences and monitoring media coverage
- Writing content for a range of outlets, including opinion pieces and blogs
- Developing relationships with key media outlets
- Assisting the Senior Communications Director with the creation of communications plans for the organisation, key theme areas and for individual projects within the key themes.
- Developing and pitching media stories
- Proactive and reactive media relations
- Assisting the Digital Officer in driving engagement through social media channels
- Reviewing financial promotions and ensuring compliance with regulations
- Supporting staff and directors to understand and promote key messages
- Coordinating attendance/speaking opportunities at relevant conferences and events to help raise profile and understanding of social impact investment and Big Society Capital
- Strong, relevant external communications experience
- First-hand understanding of UK national print, broadcast and digital media
- Experience of financial services or investment management (in-house or agency)
- Proven track record of achieving positive media coverage
- Media monitoring
- Experience and competency in:
- Video/sound editing
- Design packages including InDesign and Photoshop
- Experience of working in social investment/impact investment
- Agency experience
Skills, Abilities & Attributes
- Strong writing skills, with attention to detail
- Creative flair
- Collegial, team player
- Commitment to supporting positive social impact in the UK
To apply, please send your CV to Ruth Davidson, Talent Acquisition Specialist at email@example.com
Suitable candidates will be invited to interview with Big Society Capital on a rolling basis during March 2020.