The Commissioning Better Outcomes (CBO) Fund aims to support the development of more social impact bonds (SIBs) in England, and the evaluation is tracking the impact of these SIBs over their lifetime. This report provides a summary on the findings from the Commissioning Better Outcomes Fund Evaluation undertaken by Ecorys UK in partnership with ATQ Consultants (ATQ) on behalf of the Big Lottery Fund.
This report draws on the main findings from the following strands of the CBO evaluation:
- A literature review drawing together what is already known about SIBs;
- Stakeholder consultations with organisations centrally involved in the policy development, strategic development and operational delivery of SIBs in England;
- Surveys with investors, commissioners and service providers2 either involved in or very informed about the SIB agenda;
- In-depth review reports produced for the Ways to Wellness and Reconnections SIBs; and
- A case study report focused on a potential SIB in North Somerset